Real-time data disclosure
Real-time data disclosure
The eyes of NAV (the National Tax and Customs Administration of Hungary) “see everything” with the support of real-time data disclosure or, as it is better known, the online invoicing system. Regardless of the technical details of the data disclosure, one thing is certain: in the future, especially as of 2021, the tax authority will be fully aware of all details of all our invoices even without an audit, since all data will be sent to their system by default where every error of form or content will come to the surface immediately.
The preparation, therefore, beyond the technical implementation of the data disclosure, should also include the review of the conformity of the invoices.
Are you certain that your invoices will pass every test? That you always issue the right type of document in the given situation? That the dates of performance, the exchange rates used, the corrections in the invoice have all been applied in accordance with the requirements?
If you are uncertain about any of the above questions, our colleagues can help in identifying and eliminating the possible errors and risks during the course of a brief inspection.
To whom do we recommend our service?
- To those who are not convinced that they issue the correct type of supporting documents in all cases
- To those who are not sure that their supporting documents comply with the statutory requirements in terms of content or form
- To those who invoice in foreign currencies, settle accounts periodically, provide subsequent discounts, etc.
- To those who have an obligation to indicate any information by reason of taxes other than VAT (e.g. environmental product fee)
- And to everyone who would like to receive a quick and efficient review of their invoicing processes
How can we help?
1. Personal consultation
Two of our advisers will meet you or the employee of your Company responsible for invoicing. During the meeting, we will review the following
- typical transactions of your Company;
- when and in what circumstances corrections of invoices occur, and what supporting documents are issued for these corrections;
- the performance dates shown on the invoices, as well as the obligations to include data in connection with any other tax types (e.g. environmental product fee);
- the handling of invoices issued in foreign currencies and
- any other questions that may arise.
2. A random inspection of supporting documents
We will randomly select invoices and other documents related to each transaction type, and examine them from the point of view of content and form to check their compliance with the statutory requirements.
3. Written summary
We prepare a short written summary of the findings of our review, and make recommendations for the elimination of any deficiencies identified.
The review of the invoices offers a good opportunity if you are uncertain about the interpretation of the contracts in the background of those invoices, or you find it necessary to draw up the contracts in writing after the fact, or where issuing the invoice corresponding to the contract due to the specialised nature of the transaction is complicated (e.g. the sale of a business line), in which case our lawyer colleagues can help you with the clarification of these issues.
If you have any questions in connection with our services, please contact our advisor colleagues.