If a foreign company performs a transaction in Hungary based on which it is required to pay tax, it is necessary to have that company registered at the Hungarian tax authority. It is important to note that the foreign company must obtain a tax number from the Hungarian Tax and Customs Administration prior to commencing its activities, although the effective date of the tax number may also be requested retroactively.
Mazars also provides VAT registration and VAT compliance services in Hungary. We can assist foreign companies by taking care of the tax registration procedure and help with the performance of all related tax obligations during the term of the tax registration, as well as provide tax advisory services whenever needed.
To whom do we recommend our services?
- To all companies at a stage before tax registration in Hungary or requiring advice in connection with their Hungarian VAT obligations.
- To companies already engaged in taxable activities in Hungary and wishing to clarify any tax-related aspects of their transactions.
- To companies importing goods to Hungary and selling such imported goods to Hungarian, other EU, or third-country buyers.
- To companies selling goods purchased in Hungary or elsewhere in the EU to Hungarian, other EU, or third-country buyers.
How can we help?
- Mazars has a separate team specialised in VAT compliance and can therefore perform tasks related to VAT registration and VAT returns with great efficiency, building on the more than 25 years of experience.
- The Tax and Legal department of Mazars is continuously available in the case of any need for assistance, consultation or advice in connection with any topic during the tax registration procedure or fiscal representation services.
- Mazars offers its services at competitive rates while relying on many years of experience accumulated in its international audit and tax consultancy network.
If you have any questions in connection with our services, please contact our advisor colleagues.
VAT registration and VAT compliance services