It is important to note that the foreign company must obtain a tax number from the Hungarian Tax and Customs Administration before commencing its activities, despite the fact that the effective date of the tax number may also be requested retroactively.
Mazars also provides VAT registration and VAT compliance services in Hungary. We can assist foreign companies by taking care of the tax registration procedure and help with the performance of all related tax obligations during the term of the tax registration, as well as provide tax advisory whenever needed.
To whom we recommend our services?
- To all companies at the stage before tax registration in Hungary or requiring advice in connection with their Hungarian VAT obligations;
- To companies already engaged in taxable activities in Hungary and wishing to clarify the tax-related aspects of their transactions;
- To companies importing goods to Hungary and selling such imported goods to Hungarian, other EU, or third-country buyers;
- To companies selling goods purchased in Hungary or elsewhere in the EU and selling such goods to Hungarian, other EU, or third-country buyers;
How can we help?
- Mazars has a separate team specialised in VAT compliance, and can therefore perform tasks related with VAT registration and VAT returns with great efficiency, building on the more than 25 years’ of experience.
- The Tax and Legal department of Mazars is continuously available in the case of any need for assistance, consultation or advice in connection with the tax registration procedure or during the provision of fiscal representation service
- Mazars offers its services at competitive rates, while relying on many years of experience accumulated in its international audit and tax consultancy network.
If you have any questions related to our VAT registration and VAT compliance services, please contact our colleagues directly or through your Mazars contact person.
To download the whole product sheet: