11.2. CEE webinar: EU Taxonomy & business benefits of ESG
You probably know the pitch: Do well by doing good.
As our climate is warming and nature is degraded, the line between making money and sustainability has blurred. Businesses are increasingly expected to embrace practices that benefit society and the environment not only because it is the responsible thing to do, but because it provides critical opportunities for value creation, risk mitigation, and innovations.
Being a sustainable company has a big impact on the talent you attract and retain. Sustainability also helps your company stand out against competitors.
Join the expert guests from the field of ESG. You will learn about the most important recent developments and the current discussion and policy options towards promoting sustainable business. The presentation will include recommendations and examples of best practice in the banking sector within the CEE region.
- The European Taxonomy: How EU tries to empower companies to be sustainable (Martin Hojsík)
- ESG strategy of Raiffeisen Bank International (RBI) and implementing EU Taxonomy to its business frameworks (Christine Würfel and Vera Economou)
- Tatra banka’s sustainability adherence and strategy (Tomáš Kvašňovský)
- Discussing the complex change required to achieve long-term sustained outcomes (Jana Ružická)
- Martin Hojsík, Environmental Activist & Member of the European Parliament
Martin has been a Member of the European Parliament since 2019, working to avert the climate threat, protect biodiversity and animals, regulate hazardous chemicals, and promote safe and wholesome food. He is an active MEP in four committees – ENVI (environment, public health, and food safety), ITRE (industry, research and energy), BUDG (budget) and ANIT (animal protection during transport).
- Christine Würfel, Director Group ESG & Responsible Banking at Raiffeisen Bank International
Christine focuses on regulatory developments of sustainable finance and its need of changing business behaviour. As Director for Group ESG & Responsible Banking, she drives the holistic ESG approach within the banking group and the tasks to comply with the UNEP FI Principles for Responsible Banking, the strategic ESG stakeholder engagement as well as the practical assurance of the new ESG transparency obligations.
- Vera Economou, ESG Group Competence Center Lead at RBI, Coordinator of Sustainable Finance Team and Corporate ESG Experts in CEE
Vera is leading ESG Group Competence Center and coordinates corporate ESG experts across Network Banks at Raiffeisen Bank International. She has responsibility to manage green and social loan portfolios that support RBI Green and Social Bond issuance and to coordinate a cross-national team of sustainable finance experts in CEE region.
- Tomáš Kvašňovský, Sustainability Manager at Tatra banka
Tomáš is Sustainability Manager at Tatra banka, Slovakia. He focuses on the bank's sustainability strategy and is responsible for coordinating and managing the ESG topic in the context of the company's long-term strategy. He graduated in business management from the University of Management in Bratislava. Since 2002, he has worked in the IT sector in the field of marketing and PR.
- Jana Ružická, Sustainability Director at Mazars Slovakia
Jana has 18 years of experience in sustainability. She has advised and trained almost 500 multinationals and SMEs in the area of sustainability. Jana helps clients with optimising environmental and social impacts, managing risk, improving ESG management and strengthening CSR reputation.
If you want to participate on the webinar, please contact us by phone or by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or:
Eszter Rozgonyi, Marketing and communication manager, email@example.com, 06 20 772 10 26