Join us for a virtual session with Mrs Raluca Prună, head of the European Commission's Financial Crime Unit, to discuss the EU anti-money laundering directives on international transactions.
Anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing: challenges and new risks in Covid times
Wednesday, 28 April 2021, 13:00 - 14:00 CET
*External link, registration period ends on 28 April 2021
The fight against money laundering and terrorist financing has become increasingly complex over the years, with criminals having shown adaptability and opportunism in finding new channels to launder the proceeds of their illegal activities. In response to this challenge, the European Union has created a number of anti-money laundering directives to aid in the fight against illicit activity.
During our virtual session, Mrs Raluca Prună will present the directives aimed at preventing the financial market from being misused for the purposes of money laundering and terrorist financing. The conversation will be around:
- What are the European anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing regulations, and how do they transpose in member states?
- How to reinforce anti-money laundering efficiency and cooperation within the European Union and better involve the private sector?
- How can innovative developments help improve the effectiveness of the fight against money laundering?
- What are the new threats and risks brought by the Covid crisis?
- Raluca Prună, Head of the Financial Crime Unit, European Commission
- Dorothée de Bernis, Partner, Carbonnier Lamaze Rasle & Associes
- Alice Noizet, Partner, Mazars
- Emmanuelle Bismuth, Partner, Carbonnier Lamaze Rasle & Associes
Sign up for our free virtual event now to find out more.